About Advanced Custom Fields
Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) – is the most popular plugin for custom fields management. With ACF you can create custom fields via easy to use back-end interface. You can download Advanced Custom Fields for free on this website: https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/
ACF + LC integration
ACF Integration extension allows you to drag and drop custom fields created with Advanced Custom Fields. You can style the fields visually without writing a single line of CSS.
To use Live Composer – ACF Integration you need the next plugins installed:
Supported Custom Field Types:
- Page Link
- Data Picker
Step By Step Usage Example
In the example below, we create a new custom field in ACF plugin. If you already know how to use ACF skip to "Display Custom Field in Live Composer" section.
Creating the field in ACF
First of all, let's create a new group.
- Go to WP Admin → Custom Fields
- Click on Add New button to create a new group
- Click on Add Field button and select the post type to display the fields.
- Let's go to the post editing screen and add some content
- And some content in your custom field and click “Update”
Display Custom Field in Live Composer
It's very easy to display the custom field in Live Composer.
- Open the page you are working on and select ACF category in the modules category selector.
- Drag and drop custom field of the needed type on the page.
- Once module added, click on the blue COG icon to select a particular field.
- In the styling, you can adjust module presentation settings.
- Once the field selected you should see the content on the page.
Adding ACF On Templates
When editing the template you will see a placeholder content only, not real data. To the real data (not placeholders), open any real post that powered by this template and then clicks on "EDIT TEMPLATE" button. This way you will see real data (not placeholders) while edition the template.
- How different ACF modules looks like on the page